Friday, September 4, 2020

The War That Saved my life

The War that Saved My Life a book by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley is a historical fiction I came across as a book from the library. For a long time I ignored it thinking it’s another boring story for adults. When I opened it and finally started reading I was right next to Ada.



The story line was beautiful, about a girl with a crippled leg who sneaks out with her younger brother to find shelter from their cruel mom and from the war. In their search for safety they find love and comfort in a blond and brooding lady named Susan. 


I loved the story because there is so much drama! It shows pain and sadness, it shows love and prosperity, it shows courage and battle! It has all the power points of an amazing story. It shows beautiful writing that brought me to read it again and again! 


The setting takes place during World War Two. Cold, dusty, gossiping road travels by poor Ada’s window. I feel her sadness and enclosure. Like an animal behind bars. I can hear the horrific thud of their mom hurting Jamie. I can feel the torrid heat blasted by the bomb. I can feel the love and safety Ada and Jamie have within each other and Susan. 


The War That Saved My Life, is an amazing book that is heartfelt and truthful. The sweetest, most intense historical fiction that will bring immense joy, freedom and hope to a reader’s mind.


5 comments:

  1. Sanvi's analysis is very good. I appreciate her intelligence and the capacity to express her ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Saanvi, though I have not read this book, I could get the story with your amazing review. Now it's tempting me to read it. It is crisp and to the point. Good job girl!!!! Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written Saanvi!!😍😍I will definitely read the book...😄😄

    ReplyDelete
  5. ❤️ Thank you so much Kunchakka and Sunaath Ajja and Shivani Akka ❤️

    ReplyDelete